Looking for a Fun Summer Job!
Join us as an Event Manager!
Job Title: Event Manager
Wage & Hours: $16 per hour, 8 hours per week. Applicant must be able to work Saturday shifts. (Scheduling may require either a day shift from 10am to 6:30 or evenings from 5pm to 1:30am)
Start Date: Immediately! …With shifts on most Saturdays through to the end of October.
The Venue Manager oversees events and works under the direction of our Venue Coordinator and with the Wedding Planners to ensure that events go smoothly, and that all the rules are followed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Look after the event, guests and clients from start to close.
- Help to set up/clean up during each event (includes folding away tables and chairs).
- Coordinate with vendors and staff through the event to ensure that everything is looked after, questions are answered and guests are happy.
- Ensure that heritage site rules are met, especially in regards to smoking and guest safety.
- Coordinate with security staff, to ensure venue is locked up at the end of the evening.
- Experience with managing events, especially weddings.
- Enjoys working with people.
- One shift per week, and we will let you know the schedule months in advance – so the position can easily be balanced with other jobs and commitments 🙂
- Gain experience with weddings, and gain contacts in the local wedding industry.
- Spend the summer working on a unique heritage venue.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who express an interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.