The SS Sicamous Heritage Park
KVR Model Railway Volunteer Crew
The KVR Model Railway crew is an active group. Members meet weekly on Tuesday evenings to collaborate and play, but share in the responsibility of ensuring that guests on board during the museums open times enjoy a scenic, interactive and working experience. Our model railway spans over 700 sq feet and has several tracks. It represents the actual path of the KVR Railway as it was in the early 1950’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and answer questions about the railway display
- Be willing to take responsibility for a 2 – 4 hour shift during open hours and special events
- Attend weekly meetings as often as possible
- Have an interest in trains, electronics, display creation or the history of this valley
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in and willingness to learn about the history of the Okanagan.
- Interest in acquiring and sharing knowledge about the KVR history.
- Experience a plus, but training will be provided for care and maintenance of the railway
When do you need Model Railway Volunteers? We are looking for volunteers who are able to help weekdays between the hours of 10am-4pm, from April through to mid-October.
How do I join? If you are interested in joining the crew please call the ship at 250-492-0403 or stop by the Ship on a Tuesday evening between 7 and 9 pm to meet the team and learn more about what we do! We are located on board the SS Sicamous on the main floor on the shore line in Penticton.