Hold your Wedding on the SS Sicamous.
The Stern Wheeler S.S. Sicamous preserved as a museum, historic site and premier wedding venue. The ship is unique and is the largest vessel of this type to be found in the whole of Canada!
You can find us on the beach in Penticton BC, with stunning views of Okanagan lake. The Sicamous is in the heart of Wine Country, with Naramata wineries, vineyards and a rose garden just moments away. This is a truly beautiful location to get married. Contact us today to learn more.
With 4 decks to explore, and unique photo opportunities at every turn, a wedding on the Sicamous is nothing short of magical.
The ship is reserved for the entire day, so the ceremony and reception can be held here. You can get married outside on the bow or the beach. Inside you can say your vows on the grand staircase with large antique mirror behind.
10 Reasons to Choose the Sicamous as the location for your Wedding
1. This is a truly unique venue (the largest Stern Wheeler in Canada!) with awesome photo opportunities at every turn.
2. All wedding options include a luxury Wedding Planning Service for the entire Wedding, to support you with planning and to ensure that everything is perfect.
3. We close the doors to the public, so you have the place to yourself. Guests are not confined to one room, and are free to roam through this popular tourist attraction.
4. There is a kitchen on board, and a list of recommended vendors, so you are free to choose the menu and caterer of your choice.
5. Bar service is entirely at your discretion (your choice of wine and beverages, with no corkage fee! )
6. Travel and check-in is easy for your guests, as a wide selection of hotels and motels are within easy walking distance from the venue.
7. The interior is stunning already, so few decorations are needed. (This helps the budget, and allows you to focus on other aspects).
8. Vineyards are a short drive away for wedding photos, and the Rose Garden and beach are just outside.
9. The SS Sicamous is reserved for the entire day (12 hours) and is yours for the ceremony and reception. Because of this, there is no need to organize logistics or to transport your guests between locations.
10. Funds from your Wedding go directly to a local charity (the S.S Sicamous Society).
The SS Sicamous Society is a volunteer led non-profit organization. Our mission is to preserve and protect the Marine Heritage of the Okanagan Valley. By choosing us for your Wedding, you can help to support the restoration of the ships in the heritage park, to ensure they are protected for the future.
Questions? Visit our Weddings FAQ
Okanagan Beach Ceremony
There is a small beach and park just behind the SS Sicamous. This can be reserved for the Wedding ceremony. With the stunning backdrop of Okanagan Lake, soft sand underfoot, and the old willow tree, this truly is a perfect place to exchange your wedding vows.
If the weather turns wet, we can simply host the ceremony inside on the Grand Stair Case. This means there is no need to rent tents or reserve an alternative venue. Use of the interior of the ship is included at no extra cost, and we can make the change at a moments notice.
Reception and Seating Capacity
How many guests can I invite?
The SS Sicamous can comfortably seat up to 100 guests for a formal dinner, and up to 148 guests for a cocktail style wedding reception.
Where do we hold the wedding reception?
The wedding reception is held in the dining saloon, on the second level of the ship. This level is now accessible by elevator, so guests with mobility concerns can attend the reception. We provide the tables, chairs and sound equipment, and will set them up for you. To learn more please click here . You can also see sample table set-ups and diagrams, and examples of real weddings.
What is the price of a Wedding?
Wedding packages start at $4,450. This is for the entire day, and includes taxes and fees.
What does this price include?
Included in this price, you will have private use of the Sicamous for the entire day (from 12 noon until 1am). Tables, white chairs and sound equipment are also included, and will be set up for you by the SS Sicamous Crew. An exclusive Wedding Planning Service is also already included within this price. We don’t charge surprise fees, and all of the quoted prices are inclusive of tax.
Are there any extra charges or fees that I should be aware of?
The only extra charges to consider are the liquor license ($25) and the event insurance (expect to pay between $225 and $300). Items such as linens and plates will need to be rented separately.
How do I book a date?
Step 1: Please contact Jessie at the SS Sicamous. We will have a chat about your plans, and I can let you know about the availability for choosing your wedding date. We can also arrange a tour, so you and your family can see the venue in person!
Step 2: Place a deposit to confirm the date. The deposit is $1850 with a second installment 6 months before the Wedding date. We also ask for a damage deposit ($500) this will be returned one week after the wedding day.
Step 3: Read through and sign the Rental Agreement. The SS Sicamous will then officially be reserved for your wedding!